At Ravi Engineering and Land Surveying, P.C., we are excited about having people who can provide fresh perspectives and out of the box solutions. We believe in inspiring leadership, accountability, and personal growth and translating these qualities into a fascinating experience for our clients. Our benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, professional development, paid time off and a 401k plan. Ravi Engineering & L.S., P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send in your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to get back to you if your profile matches our requirements.
Current Opportunities at RE&LS...
- Construction Survey Party Chief
- Survey Technician
- Survey Party Chief
- Bridge Engineer
- Construction Inspectors
Project Surveyor - Immediate Hire (Rochester) 3-12-18
Ravi Engineering & Land Surveying, P.C. (RE&LS) is accepting resumes for a highly motivated Project Surveyor (Licensed Land Surveyor preferred) with 5 to 10 years of experience for its Rochester, NY office. The Project Surveyor would primarily be responsible for property boundary and right of way retracement and management of acquisition mapping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directing field crews to recover key boundary evidence.
- Compiling information from Clerk’s Offices, Departments of Transportation, Highway Departments, etc.
- Interpreting record plans, deeds, maps, etc.
- Performing boundary calculations and applying boundary law.
- Overseeing the creation of acquisition mapping (PE, TE, FEE, etc.)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Candidates should have extensive knowledge of New York State Department of Transportation Survey Standards and Procedures and Right of Way Mapping Procedures.
- Must be able to perform legal research to compile deeds, maps, record plans, etc.
- Must be proficient in CADD environment (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation/Inroads).
- Must have good technical and problem solving skills, and be process oriented and consistent.
- Must be a good communicator and able to maintain a good working relationship with field and office personnel.
- Must be able to work independently.
Please respond via email, with cover letter and resume attached to:
Michael Bogardus, L.S.
Survey Technician (Rochester) 3-12-18
The Survey Technician supports a broad range of land surveying and related services for municipal, state, and private clients. The ideal candidate should possess high integrity and have excellent attention to detail to conduct all work in accordance with highest professional standards and company policies, procedures, and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform data reduction, field note reduction, and boundary calculations and data checks.
- Preparation of topographic, control, boundary, utility, ALTA and as-built survey mapping.
- Participates as required with the in-house planning and development of the project schedule.
- Consults with the project manager when there are scheduling issues or conflicts.
- Download/upload survey related information in data collector for field personnel. Perform necessary calculations for the required fieldwork.
- Perform legal research online and at county clerk’s office.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
- Associates Degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering Technology, or Technical Degree with a focus on
- Computer Aided Drafting
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates proficiency in CADD environment (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation, and Bentley InRoads).
- Good technical skills; behavioral traits of process-oriented, steady, helpful, analytical, consistent, detail- oriented, and a problem solver.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with office and field personnel.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Please respond via email, with cover letter and résumé attached, to Michael Bogardus at email@example.com
Construction Survey Party Chief (Albany) 1-15-18
Ravi Engineering & Land Surveying, P.C. is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Construction Survey Party Chief with a minimum of 5 years of surveying experience, especially with projects involving construction stakeout.
- Perform fieldwork for road, bridge, utility, and building stakeouts.
- Computations related to construction stakeout.
- Keeping detailed field notes of stakeout activities.
- Downloading and processing survey data.
- Communicating and scheduling work with contractors.
- Some overnight travel is required.
- Must be able to assume responsible charge of a field crew.
- Must be able to operate Robotic Total Stations, data collectors, and NYSNET GPS.
- NYSDOT experience a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
Bridge Engineer (Rochester/Buffalo ) 1-15-18
Ravi Engineering & Land Surveying, P.C. is currently seeking a Bridge Engineer to perform bridge design and possible condition inspections in support of various transportation projects. We are looking for someone who can work semi-independently under senior engineers and coordinate with other disciplines. Good communication and writing skills are essential as this person will assist senior engineers in communicating with clients on technical matters. It is expected that this individual will take on increasingly challenging assignments and progress to senior engineer role.
- B.S.C.E. with concentration in structures.
- 5-10 years of experience in bridge design.
- Strong knowledge of AASHTO LRFD specifications and familiar with NYSDOT design standards.
- NY licensed PE license preferred.
- AutoCadd and Microstation skills preferred helpful.
Construction Inspectors - Statewide & Pennsylvania 1-15-18
Candidates must have NICET Certification in Transportation/Highway and Bridge Construction; (NYSDOT, NYSTA experience preferred) ACI or ATSSA certifications are also desirable. Additional certs such as ACI Concrete Field Testing Certification, NETTCP Soil & Aggregate Certification,SPEDS etc. preferred. Ability to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations concerning construction issues. Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle. Occasional irregular or extended work hours such as Night Shift /Weekend work availability. Additional requirements include excellent communications skills, ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, and ability to perform quantity and engineering computations.