Office: Rochester, NY
Environmental Scientists support a variety of environmental projects by gathering data through a combination of a review of on-line resources and data bases, historical data, site inspections and sample collection. The collected data is presented in a variety of report formats, often in support of large rehabilitation and construction projects. The Environmental Scientist is responsible for reviewing the scope of work and gathering the appropriate data and preparing reports documenting the findings.
The Environmental Scientist may work a variety of project types including Environmental Assessments in support of SEQRA and NEPA classifications, and Environmental Permitting; Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments; Brownfield cleanup projects; Asbestos inspections and sampling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review historical mapping and aerial photography as to historic site use.
- Conduct field investigation to identify potential sources of contamination.
- Collect air, subsurface/surface soil, and sediment, water, and groundwater samples and submit the samples for laboratory analysis.
- Sample and submit building materials for asbestos, lead, and PCB analysis.
- Evaluate laboratory data and compare the data to regulatory requirements.
- Provide observation and oversight for the removal of contaminated materials, underground storage tanks, and site remediation.
- Conduct SWPPP inspections.
- Write technical reports.
- Projects involve but not limited to; asbestos, lead, indoor air quality, health and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
- Associates or Bachelors in Environmental Science or related program.
- 0-2 years of experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License with NYS DMV Driving Abstract
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently and also collaboratively on a team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please respond via email, with cover letter and résumé attached to:
Excellent Employee Benefits
Participation in our 401K plan