At Ravi Engineering and Land Surveying, P.C., we are excited about having people who can provide fresh perspectives and out of the box solutions. We believe in inspiring leadership, accountability, and personal growth and translating these qualities into a fascinating experience for our clients. Our benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, professional development, paid time off and a 401k plan. Ravi Engineering & Land Surveying, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send in your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to get back to you if your profile matches our requirements.
Current Opportunities at RE&LS...
- Senior Asbestos Project Monitor
- Asbestos Project Monitor/Inspector
- Engineering Designer
- Bridge Inspection Team Leader
- Survey Technician
- Bridge Engineer
- Construction Inspectors
Senior Asbestos Project Monitor - (Rochester, NY) 10/01/18
The Senior Asbestos Project Monitor is responsible for the day to day oversight of all assigned projects. This person should be able to troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Will be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Sets priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Oversee all aspects of asbestos project monitoring from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise and schedule onsite personnel
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Familiar with and complies with applicable standards and regulations
• Strong skills in asbestos design, project monitoring and inspection
• Certified Asbestos Inspector
• OSHA 40 hour training
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
• 2-4 Years of related experience
Asbestos Project Monitor/Inspector - (Rochester, NY) 10/01/18
RE&LS is seeking an experienced asbestos Project Monitor and Inspector to join their growing team. Primary tasks would include performing on-site hazardous materials inspections including asbestos, lead, PCB and hazardous waste inventory, project monitoring during abatement projects and report generation. Ideal candidates will possess current asbestos certifications for Project Monitor/Air Sampling Technician and Inspector, OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and will have a minimum of 1 year experience performing inspections and project monitoring duties.
Qualifications and skills
- Valid Driver’s License with a Clean Record
- NYS Certification (Project Monitor/Air Tech/Inspector) required
- Ability to travel (within NYS)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent Employee Benefits Available
- Competitive hourly rate
- Participation in our 401K plan.
Engineering Designer - For Immediate Hire (Rochester, NY) 7/30/18
RE&LS has available an Engineering Graphics Designer position open. Competitive pay rates are available. Required qualifications are:
- Must be proficient with ACAD, REVIT, Word, Excel, and Acrobat Adobe Software
- Preferred 2-3 years minimum experience in consulting or equivalent type work. Completion of certified training program by the applicant will be considered as being equivalent
- Must have an mechanical aptitude for creating design drawings for structural and environmental projects with guidance be given by project engineers
Job Type: Full-time
Submit resume and cover letter through our email link - email@example.com
SURVEY TECHNICIANS – For Immediate Hire (Buffalo, Rochester & Albany, NY) 5-08-18
Purpose of Position: The Survey Technician coordinates and performs drafting of projects to ensure that they are completed within technical, project,
budgetary, and timeline constraints. This position reviews projects for compliance with company policies and standards, as well
as ensures a smooth interface with other disciplines within the firm and project team.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and follows the company’s standard CAD procedures for layering, line types, colors, and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation, and Bentley InRoads)
- Works under minimum supervision of project manager and project surveyor to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, detail, and verbal instruction.
- Utilizes company styles effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Accuracy, quality, completeness and schedule adherence can be independently maintained at this level of experience.
- May train or provide assistance to less experienced technicians to help them resolve difficult operating tasks or drawing production problems.
- Will check drawings for quality assurance purposes.
- May be required to prepare calculations.
- Makes sure drafting assignments are of quality and within budget hours and on schedule.
- Reduces field data for preparation of surveys by importing raw field files and using calculated points for survey plan preparation in CAD.
- Provides research for survey projects, including deed, utility, roadway and subdivision map research.
- Remains current with changes and upgrades in CAD systems used and continually works to improve efficiency.
- Calculates invert and subsurface utility information based on field measurements and record maps.
- Prepares written descriptions and plots deeds.
- Assists with office filing, data download, and electronic file management.
- Recommends new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed.
- Keeps Project Manager aware of workload and requests work when needed.
- Reports directly to the Project Surveyor or Project Manager.
Required Knowledge and Experience: Has a High School diploma or higher. Has familiarity with current local, state, and surveying regulations. Has experience in topographic, boundary, utility, layout, GPS and has strong field skills and mathematics ability. Candidate should have the ability to work well individually and within groups, and the ability to multi-task effectively. Candidate should have very effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Please respond via email, with cover letter and résumé attached, to Michael Bogardus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bridge Inspection Team Leader - Immediate Hire (Rochester) 4-2-18
RE&LS is immediately seeking a Bridge Inspection Team Leader to work on bridge inspection projects in Central and Western NY areas. We are looking for self-motivated, team-oriented structural engineer with strong communication skills and a working knowledge of bridges (design, load rating, construction, and/or condition inspections).
• BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• 5-10 years bridge design and/or bridge inspection experience.
• NYS Professional Engineering license required.
• Familiarity with NYSDOT preferred.
• Must be physically fit and able to work from heights.
• Must be able to efficiently plan, organize, and safely execute work.
• The job requires proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must possess valid NYS driver's license.
Bridge Engineer (Rochester/Buffalo ) 1-15-18
RE&LS is currently seeking a Bridge Engineer to perform bridge design and possible condition inspections in support of various transportation projects. We are looking for someone who can work semi-independently under senior engineers and coordinate with other disciplines. Good communication and writing skills are essential as this person will assist senior engineers in communicating with clients on technical matters. It is expected that this individual will take on increasingly challenging assignments and progress to senior engineer role.
- B.S.C.E. with concentration in structures.
- 5-10 years of experience in bridge design.
- Strong knowledge of AASHTO LRFD specifications and familiar with NYSDOT design standards.
- NY licensed PE license preferred.
- AutoCadd and Microstation skills preferred helpful.
Construction Inspectors - Statewide & Pennsylvania 1-15-18
Candidates must have NICET Certification in Transportation/Highway and Bridge Construction; (NYSDOT, NYSTA experience preferred) ACI or ATSSA certifications are also desirable. Additional certs such as ACI Concrete Field Testing Certification, NETTCP Soil & Aggregate Certification,SPEDS etc. preferred. Ability to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations concerning construction issues. Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle. Occasional irregular or extended work hours such as Night Shift /Weekend work availability. Additional requirements include excellent communications skills, ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, and ability to perform quantity and engineering computations.