Since 1995, Ravi Engineering & Land Surveying, P.C. (RE&LS) has provided capable, qualified personnel for every level of inspection staff required on projects within New York State.
RE&LS has coordinated and inspected hundreds of structural deck placements; provided shop drawing reviews and reviewed complex erection and structural lifting plans, then completed field inspection of the operations checking for compliance to these plans once approved. We have provided structural bolt up and torque inspection, reviewed and approved structural bearing installations, guide rail installations, paving operations, and inspected dozens of bridge demolition/steel removal operations.
Our staff roster includes experienced Resident/Project Engineers, Chief Inspectors and Office Engineers, along with Inspectors and entry-level trainees. With 60+ Construction Inspectors state-wide, RE&LS is among the top-performing CI firms in NYS offering services that include:
• Structures: RE&LS has provided key inspection staff for over 150 New York State bridge contracts, from high profile urban projects such as the Frederick Douglas - Susan B. Anthony Bridge in Rochester, NY, to rural short span structures over trout streams; inspection services include all stages of construction from establishing initial haunch elevations for form installation, to the final finish and cure on the deck.
• Foundation Construction: RE&LS has inspected hundreds of foundation installations from the initial checks on survey control prior to the start of excavation to checks on safe excavation practices including benching, sheet pile installations and excavation protection systems. We can also provide subsurface evaluations by our in-house geotechnical staff.
• Concrete Construction: RE&LS has experience in all aspects of concrete construction from the inspection of forming operations to the placement inspection of diverse cast in place means and methods including pumping applications,
lightweight and concrete placements.
• Structural Steel: RE&LS has experience in all phases of steel construction from in depth evaluations of existing structures by our bridge inspection teams and designers to field inspection of steel repairs; we routinely inspect reinforcing bar installations, providing thorough knowledge of the contract plans and reinforcing schedules.
• Highway Construction: RE&LS has extensive highway construction inspection experience, from total reconstruction projects to milling and resurface operations, M&PT, overhead sign inspection, cold milling, highway reconstruction, STARS, ITS, and erosion control/scour measures.
• Coatings Inspection: Our expertise includes a combined 95 years' experience in the coatings inspection field. The RE&LS Team has a long history in the engineering construction field and has performed many coating inspection projects for NYSTA, NYSDOT, NYOGS, Water Authorities and Municipalities across the State. Our team can provide any project with experienced coatings inspectors upon whom they can rely for expertise. All of our inspectors are trained and experienced in coatings inspection and have NACE and SSPC training/certifications.